Pages

Thursday 13 June 2013

The Rediscovery of: Bagels

Have to say that I've got vague memories of disliking Bagels.  I distinctly remember trying them and being unimpressed.

However recently my brain has been telling me to give them another go, and on a recent trip to Morrisons (other supermarkets are available) I bought two sorts to try again - hey, they were on offer!

1/ Sesame Seed bagels - my god, these are absolutely lush!  Especially cut in half and toasted!  Surprisingly sweet, they still go quite well as an alternative to standard toast with a full English Breakfast!
2/ Cinnamon and Raisin... Need I say more, just add butter, they're like a different variation on toasted hot-cross buns!




So I guess you could say I'm a convert to these wonderfully stodgy, flavoursome, fantastic-when-toasted Os of yumminess.

Go forth and Nom.

Image courtesy of thesun.co.uk (ya I know, but it focuses delightfully on the sesame seed one!)


No comments:

Post a Comment