Pages

Tuesday 25 June 2013

Fashion vs Finance

I'll admit that I've never really been one for designer brands for one of two reasons.  I find that a lot of them tend to treat their target market like walking advertisements (I'm talking Bench, Abercrombie, Superdry etc...) and the other is the price. However...

I went to Bicester Village with a friend of mine at the weekend, and we wandered into the Karen Millen store, where I saw this little beauty;
and of course, I made the fatal mistake of actually trying it on - despite the £145 price tag... I fell in love!  I have never wanted a dress (especially a dress) so badly in my life and it looked exquisite on, but this brings me to my second dislike of designer brands.  The dress was in a sale; unfortunately the £145 tag was the sale price.

So this lush little outfit remained un-purchased, as for its price and style I don't think I'd have got the wear out of it that it really deserved.  However, this has opened my eyes a bit to the benefits of designer - the fit and feel of the outfit was unlike anything I've (personally) tried before, and it felt really well made...

So...

Next post will be (hopefully a positive one) about the new (to me) Karen Millen dress that I bought for less than £10 on E-bay!

ST

(Image from KM website of course!)

No comments:

Post a Comment