Pages

Thursday 20 June 2013

Food Love, Body Love

OK, so I went to Pilates (hey, I'm not on a health kick, and I'm not on a diet, but I'm still a healthy girl, mkay!?) and once again, whenever we stop behind to talk to our instructor, we always end up on one of 2 topics.

1/  Food, which always entails the bloody C word (Calories) or Health content.

2/ Figures - no, not the numbers (I'm not Sheldon from Big Bang here!).

Now in terms of the food - BRILLIANT, I absolutely love this topic; especially when it swings around to my favourite Thai Restaurant (Totally Thai in Warwick) but then, then it always seems to get ruined when it sidelines into the "oh yes, Thai food is much better for you than [insert alternative here]" - I swear, my brain all but switches off at this point!  Who cares?! If it's tasty, eat it, and love it for what it is!

Topic number 2?  Well, really!  After one Pilates session, the topic of figure came up (again) and someone said "well let's face it, no one is ever happy with their figure are they?".  Actually, YES! Jeez, even when I was fat I never had as many hang-ups about my body as these people seem to have (and yes, I managed to get up to a size 18, which at 5ft nothing is quite a hefty weight to be lugging around).  But one thing I learnt as I lost it, is that you only have 1 body (well at least until they perfect brain/personality transplants) and that body deserves to be looked after, well respected, but most of all LOVED no matter what shape or size you happen to be.

If you spend all your time looking for faults, and listing the bad points, you're never going to be happy with anything, and this goes for both your body, and the things you choose to feed it with.  Case in point, the quotes for both 1 & 2 were courtesy of the same woman who is a size 8-10, and has a figure most people of any age would be very proud of!

Enjoy your body, enjoy food, but most of all, ENJOY LIFE.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment